All property photos
4 Bedroom | 3 Bathroom | 3,217 SF | .48 Acres | Pool & Spa | $2,695,000 | Expanded and Rebuilt from the Studs | Move-in Ready
Located in one of the most sought after neighborhoods in Westside Alamo on a private tree lined street, this warm and inviting custom single story home was expanded and rebuilt in 2007 with quality craftsmanship. The home of casual elegance is updated and has high ceilings, wide hallways, a spacious master bedroom retreat with a spa-like bath and two walk-in closets, large secondary bedrooms and an amazing chef’s kitchen that opens to the family room with vaulted wood ceilings.
Beautiful Pella windows and doors transition seamlessly to the Peter Koenig designed yard with a sparkling pool, spa and majestic oak trees. This home is an Entertainer's Dream!
And, you can’t beat this neighborhood and central location. WESTSIDE Alamo is all about the LIFESTYLE and convenience. Leave the car behind... 140 South Avenue is located steps to the Iron Horse Trail and a quick walk, pedal or stroll to coffee at PEET's OR Starbucks, EJ Phair Brewing Company, restaurants, groceries, the highly rated elementary school, and hiking trails into Las Trampas open space. Quick access to freeways and award winning schools. Work, Live and Play right here!
- Dacor six burner gas cooktop
- Miele dishwasher
- Dacor stainless double ovens
- Viking wine refrigerator
- Oversized island with stone countertops, and island sink and seating for 4+
- Custom cabinetry
- Kitchen sink looks out to the pool and yard
- Large kitchen nook and opens to the family room
- .48 acres of flat oak studded land
- Pool and Spa
- Flat, grassy play area
- Multiple seating areas
- Landscape designed by Peter Koenig
- Built-in outdoor speakers
- Private flagstone patio under the oak trees
- Home was expanded approximately 1500 SF and rebuilt from the studs in 2007 including new plumbing, electrical, two A/C units, two furnaces, two tankless water heaters, new landscaping and hardscapes
- Open, light and bright with high ceilings and wide hallways
- Pella windows and doors throughout
- Spacious master suite with spa-like bathroom, two sinks, two walk-in closets, jetted tub, spacious walk-in shower, and French doors to the backyard
- Large secondary bedrooms
- Birch hardwood floors (refinished in 2019)
- Interior repainted and recarpeted in 2020
- Move in ready!
- Steps to the Iron Horse Trail
- Hiking trail into the Las Trampas open space at the end of the street
- Walk to coffee, dining, groceries, retail, etc.
- Bike or walk to the elementary school
- Welcoming and social neighborhood
- Fabulous and fun Halloween neighborhood
- Easy freeway access for commuting
- Located in the award winning San Ramon Valley Unified School District
THE COMMUNITY OF ALAMO
Alamo is so very centrally located and WESTSIDE Alamo is all about the lifestyle - where kids ride their bikes to the elementary school, the trailheads into the Las Trampas Hills are just at the end of the street, and the Iron Horse Trail is steps away to have foot or bike access to Historic Downtown Danville, Walnut Creek and other surrounding communities. Located approximately 20 miles east of Oakland via California Highway 24, Alamo provides residents with a serene, tranquil environment. Alamo is nestled within the Northern California countryside and the large custom homes on half-acre lots further enhance the peaceful serenity of this unincorporated area of Contra Costa County.
Despite its relatively remote feel, the location is so very central and public transportation is still an easy option for Alamo residents.The Walnut Creek BART will connect you to Downtown Oakland or the Civic Center in San Francisco in approximately 20 to 30 minutes.
Alamo is incredibly kid-friendly and has plenty of outdoor activities available. You can often see kids riding their horses along the sandy streets of the outdoor neighborhoods. The area also features plenty of great public parks such as Andrew H. Young Park, Hap Magee Ranch Park, Livorna Park, and Rancho Romero School Sports Field and Park. Each of these provide a variety of different amenities such as sports fields and courts, dog parks, and playgrounds.
The 33-mile multi-use Iron Horse Regional Trail connects Concord and Dublin, but passes directly through downtown Alamo and is ideal for horseback riding, jogging, or taking a brisk stroll any time of day. The downtown area also features a variety of great stores and service shops. Safeway is a popular grocery store in the East Bay and the nearby Rite Aid can handle all of your over-the-counter and prescription medication needs. The Alamo Plaza Shopping Center also houses a United States Postal Office, an Orangetheory Fitness, a Wells Fargo Bank, and so much more! Alamo residents can take care of the vast majority of their errands in one convenient shopping trip.
Alamo provides plenty of options for every meal of the day. Popular morning hangouts include the Alamo Cafe, Peet's Coffee, EJ Phair Brewery, and Bagel Street Cafe; each of these restaurants provide delicious coffee, food and excellent service. If you’re looking for a lunch, dinner, or date night option, consider stopping by one of these spots: Xenia Bistro & Steakhouse: Enjoy the best of American and Italian fusion cuisine in this unique restaurant. The Peasant’s Courtyard: Featuring a variety of American and European-style sandwiches, salads and more plus outdoor seating) this is a popular spot to hang out after work. Ha-La Sushi: Whether it’s their amazing Shrimp Tempura, flavorful Chicken Teriyaki, or their signature sushi rolls, there is always something to enjoy here.